B.Tech Cyber Security – Colleges, Course, Admissions, Eligibility, Syllabus, Jobs, Salary 2022
B.Tech Cyber Security – Colleges, Course, Admissions, Eligibility, Syllabus, Jobs, Salary 2021
B.Tech Cyber Security is a 4 years duration undergraduate degree which emphasizes comprehensive knowledge of Cyber Crime, Network Security, Data structures, Design and Analysis of Algorithms, Cryptography, Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems etc.
B.Tech Cyber Security Course Highlights
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Technology in Cyber Security|
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||10+2 with Maths, Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects and 50% aggregate marks|
|Admission Process||Merit-based/ Entrance-based|
|Average Course Fee||INR 1,00,000 – INR 2,50,000 LPA|
|Average Salary||INR 8 LPA|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Amazon, Nokia, Infosys, Pinkerton, Apple, Boeing, Capital One, Cisco, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, General Motors, Intel, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Patient First|
|Job Positions||Security Analyst, Security Architect, Security Software Developer, Cryptanalyst, Security Engineer, Cryptographer, Security Consultant|
|Employment Areas||IT Firms,Tech Firms, Software Development Firms, IT Security Firms, Computer Security Firms, IT Consultancies, Tech Consultancies, Data Security Firms, Banks, Business Firms, MNCs, Telecommunication Firms etc|
BTech Cyber Security: Top Colleges
|NAME OF COLLEGE/ UNIVERSITY||AVERAGE FEES|
|SRM Engineering College, Kanchipuram||INR 2,60,000|
|Galgotias University, Greater Noida||INR 1,80,000|
|Sastra University, Thanjavur||INR 1,67,000|
|Graphic Era University, School of Engineering and Technology, Dehradun||INR 2,83,400|
|Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar||INR 1,92,000|
|Vignan’s Foundation for Science, Technology and Research, Guntur||INR 2,50,000|
To be eligible for BTech Cyber Security, applicants must complete their 10+2 from a recognized board or university with Maths, Physics, and Chemistry as compulsory subjects and secure a minimum aggregate score of 50%.
Admissions to B.Tech Cyber Security are either merit-based or based on entrance scores. Most institutes accept national level, state level or institute level entrance scores such as JEE Mains, EAMCET, BITSAT etc.
Colleges in India
Several colleges and universities including BITS Hyderabad, Chandigarh University, UPES Dehradun offer BTech Cyber Security course. The subjects covered in the domain include Data Structures, Digital Principles and System Design, System Software etc. In most colleges, the tuition fee for BTech Cyber Security ranges from INR 1,00,000 – INR 2,50,000.
Security Engineer, Cryptographer, Security Analyst, Security Architect, Security Software Developer, Cryptanalyst, Security Consultant are a few job profiles for BTech Cyber Security graduates.
Top Recruiting Companies
Candidates get to work in IT Firms, Tech Firms, Software Development Firms, IT Security Firms, Computer Security Firms, IT Consultancies etc.
What is the BTech Cyber Security Admission Process?
Admissions to BTech Cyber Security are mostly based on entrance scores, however, some institutes provide direct admissions as well. Applicants wanting to pursue the course must adhere to the following admissions criterias to seek admissions in the BTech Cyber Security course:
- General admission procedure followed by the college/university admission procedure shall commence after the candidate has applied for admission and the application has been received by the admission authorities within the due date.
- Apply for the course through the college’s website or download the application form for the offline admission process.
- Candidates should appear for and qualify the relevant entrance exam accepted by the institute of their choice as the applicant’s performance in the entrance exam will be taken into consideration.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on their academic records in the relevant nation-wide entrance tests like JEE Mains.
- Candidates must appear personally with the necessary documents before the counseling committee on the scheduled date and time. Failing to do so might result in the rejection of the application.
- Students must undergo a counseling process or personal interview round to safeguard their final seat to the course.
BTech Cyber Security: Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must qualify all the eligibility criteria mentioned below to secure admissions in BTech Cyber Security in the college of their choice:
- Candidates must complete 10+2 or equivalent with Math, Physics, and Chemistry as compulsory subjects and from a recognized board/university.
- Candidates must score a minimum aggregate score of 50% in their 12th examinations or equivalent.
- Candidates with a Diploma in relevant Engineering stream are also eligible to apply for the course.
BTech Cyber Security: Entrance Exams
|ENTRANCE EXAM||APPLICATION FORM LAST DATE||EXAM DATE|
|JEE Mains||January 23, 2021||February 23 – 26, 2021 March 15 – 18, 2021 April 27 – 30, 2021 May 24 – 28, 2021|
|VITEEE||March 30, 2021||June 18 – 26, 2021|
|JEE Advanced||1st week of June, 2021||July 3, 2021|
|BITSAT||May 29, 2021||June 24, 2021 – June 30, 2021|
|SRMJEEE||May 31, 2021||June 11, 2021 – June 16, 2021|
BTech Cyber Security: Tips to Clear Entrance Exams
Below mentioned are some of the useful tips which might help candidates in preparing for the entrance exams:
- Practice with NCERT Books: Preparing for exams with NCERT books gives you an edge over others at all times. NCERT books consist of concepts and theories that are most likely to be seen on the entrance tests so make sure you study and revise it thoroughly.
- Practice Strong Subjects First: Make sure you grab all points of your favorite subjects to increase your overall score. After you’ve mastered your favorite subject focus on your weak ones.
- Practice with good Reference Books: Choose good reference books for preparing for any entrance exam. Make sure you increase the order of difficulty every time you finish a good reference book.
- Solve MCQs Verbally: This happens completely with sheer practice. Get your mental solving process on a level where you don’t need to solve sums but rather look for approximate values and mark the answers. This saves time for questions that actually need solving or need a second thought.
- Enjoy Solving Mock Papers: Once you enjoy solving Reference MCQs from your study materials, solve past years papers and Mock tests. Make sure solving MCQs seems like a fun game rather than an exam. Once you are used to daily solving MCQs for hours, solving mock papers becomes easy and fun.
BTech Cyber Security: Tips to Get the Best College
- Research about the College’s Culture: Researching about the college’s culture is an absolute must to check if you would actually like to spend a few years there, mold and educate yourself well.
- Research about the College’s Admission Criteria: Before you jump into the admission process make sure you check the college’s admission criteria. Do check if you clear the eligibility criteria and if you belong to any quota and secure your seat through the ethical process.
- Connect with Current Students of the College: Social media and website pages of colleges can be deceiving. Make sure you connect with currently studying students of the college and ask them about their day, the provisions, exposure, and the educational quality of the college.
- Prepare for the Personal Interviews: Most colleges would have a personal interview round, make sure you prepare in advance for the personal interview questions. Upgrade your knowledge set apart from the educational books and give a good interview.
- Find an Easy Commuting System: Make sure you find a pocket and time-friendly commuting system to the college along with decent eating facilities.
BTech Cyber Security: What is it About?
- BTech Cyber Security course is designed to understand the process, practices, and gain knowledge regarding unauthorized access, protection of networks, computers, programs, and data from unknown attacks.
- The course mentors the students into maintaining digital documents or carrying out an investigation to conclude who played which role to conduct unauthorized tasks.
- The course is apt for individuals who are fascinated by the cybersecurity industry, it’s tricky threat intelligence and are eager to gain advanced knowledge of malware reverse engineering, penetration testing, and cyber forensics.
- Students who wish to undertake a challenging job profile while earning banks should apply for the program as it proves to be an ideal career for such exceptional minds.
- Cybersecurity is a highly impactful field as it is challenging, costly but also highly necessary. Working in cybersecurity gives an individual a chance to keep people’s data secure, track and inform about a serious problem.
- At the end of the program, the students undergo 24 weeks of mandatory training along with the submission of the final project.
- Candidates opting for such courses must have a sense of fascination for cyber crimes and cyber hacks. Candidates must have problem-solving skills, a practical approach, and executive ability for an excellent career in this industry.
B.Tech Cyber Security: Course Advantages
- Students of B.Tech Cyber Security specialize in various domains such as the Dark Web, Ethical Hacking, Cyberwarfare, digital forensics etc. They could also choose to be working on the security systems for applications, networks, or company data.
- The course increases your capability to solve complex technical problems along with increasing your analytical skills to lead a professional life.
- Cyber Security is a unique and new field that is rapidly growing these days. Since more and more people are restoring to online services, there is a rise in online thefts and frauds. This increases the demand for cybersecurity professionals, especially in-house experts which would be provided decent pay.
- Companies are recognizing the need and importance of Cyber Security as a respected specialization and need in-house professionals. Meanwhile, there remains a shortage of such professionals but the demand is growing day by day. This is also leading to excellent packages with secured jobs.
- Students pursuing Cybersecurity can work as Application analyst, Security analyst, Security engineer, Security architect.
- With new digital properties emerging every day, BTech Cyber Security proves to be an exciting career for them while opening up several opportunities to learn and grow
- Currently, there is growing demand for cybersecurity professionals in the business world today. Complex attacks like spamming, phishing, malware, viruses, and other information security threats are needed to be combated against. Due to the rising number of attacks, recruitment and employment options in the industry are more than ever.
Also Read : The Relationship between Pantograph and Indicator