GE 8261 – Engineering Practices Group B (Electrical and Electronics) Lab Manual
GE8261 ENGINEERING PRACTICES LABORATORY
GE8261 ENGINEERING PRACTICES LABORATORY LAB MANUAL
Semester : 2
Department : Mechanical Engineering (Sandwich), Robotics and Automation, Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE), Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering (EIE), Instrumentation and Control Engineering (ICE), Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE), Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), Textile Technology, Fashion Technology, Textile Chemistry, Information Technology (IT), Production Engineering, Chemical and Electrochemical Engineering, Petrochemical Technology, Pharmaceutical Technology, Petrochemical Engineering, Food Technology, Materials Science and Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Management, Mechatronics Engineering, Mechanical and Automation Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Medical Electronics, Computer and Communication Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Polymer Technology, Plastic Technology, Handloom and Textile Technology, Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Geo informatics Engineering, Agriculture Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Mechanical Engineering (MECH).
Subject Code : GE8261
Subject Name : ENGINEERING PRACTICES LABORATORY
Type : Lab Manual
Edition Details : 2017 Edition (Original Version)
Syllabus Regulation : 2017
Attachment Type : pdf
Details : GE8261 ENGINEERING PRACTICES LABORATORY
To provide exposure to the students with hands on experience on various basic engineering practices in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
GROUP A (CIVIL & MECHANICAL)
I CIVIL ENGINEERING PRACTICE Buildings:
(a) Study of plumbing and carpentry components of residential and industrial buildings.
(a) Study of pipeline joints, its location and functions: valves, taps, couplings, unions, reducers, elbows in household fittings.
(b) Study of pipe connections requirements for pumps and turbines.
(c) Preparation of plumbing line sketches for water supply and sewage works.
Basic pipe connections – Mixed pipe material connection – Pipe connections with different joining components.
(e) Demonstration of plumbing requirements of high-rise buildings.
Carpentry using Power Tools only:
(a) Study of the joints in roofs, doors, windows and furniture.
Wood work, joints by sawing, planing and cutting.
II MECHANICAL ENGINEERING PRACTICE
(a) Preparation of butt joints, lap joints and T- joints by Shielded metal arc welding.
(b) Gas welding practice
(a) Simple Turning and Taper turning
(b) Drilling Practice
Sheet Metal Work:
(a) Forming & Bending:
(b) Model making – Trays and funnels.
(c) Different type of joints.
Machine assembly practice:
(a) Study of centrifugal pump
(b) Study of air conditioner
(a) Smithy operations, upsetting, swaging, setting down and bending. Example –
Exercise – Production of hexagonal headed bolt.
(b) Foundry operations like mould preparation for gear and step cone pulley.
(c) Fitting – Exercises – Preparation of square fitting and V – fitting models.
GROUP B (ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS)
III ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING PRACTICE
1. Residential house wiring using switches, fuse, indicator, lamp and energy meter.
2. Fluorescent lamp wiring.
3. Stair case wiring
4. Measurement of electrical quantities – voltage, current, power & power factor in RLC circuit.
5. Measurement of energy using single phase energy meter.
6. Measurement of resistance to earth of an electrical equipment.
IV ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING PRACTICE
- Study of Electronic components and equipments – Resistor, color coding measurement of AC
signal parameter (peak-peak, rms period, frequency) using CRO.
- Study of logic gates AND, OR, EOR and NOT.
- Generation of Clock Signal.
- Soldering practice – Components Devices and Circuits – Using general purpose PCB.
- Measurement of ripple factor of HWR and FWR.
Search by students:
- GE8261 anna university syllabus 2017 regulation.
- Sem 2 ENGINEERING PRACTICES LABORATORY 2017 regulation.
- ENGINEERING PRACTICES LABORATORY syllabus R2017.
- Lab syllabus Anna University free download.
- Anna university ENGINEERING PRACTICES LABORATORY notes.
- Notes for PRACTICALS LAB.
- Anna university syllabus for GE8261 .
- Semester two GE8261 syllabus free.
- PRACTICALS LAB syllabus free pdf download.
- 1st year GE8261 syllabus for 2017 regulation.